She Got Heart promotes mental and emotional healing through writing.
What comes from the heart reaches the heart.
"Courage originally meant 'To speak one’s mind by telling all one’s heart'... I think we’ve lost touch with the idea that speaking honestly and openly about who we are, about what we’re feeling, and about our experiences (good and bad) is the definition of courage." - Brene Brown
The goal of She Got Heart is to help encourage open conversations about mental and emotional health in the Black community. This can help enhance healing, self-awareness and understanding through the art of journaling.
The intention of the She Got Heart campaign is to eliminate stigma and judgement around mental health.
Objectives She Got Heart hopes to achieve:
- Self Awareness
- Self Love
- Positive Relationships
- Mental and Emotional Wellness
Here's how to help:
- Spread the word and share the blog
- Write a personal journal entry and submit to the She Got Heart blog or zine**
- Host or attend a She Got Heart spiritual journaling workshop
- Host or attend our mental and emotional wellness group discussions
**Short for magazine or fanzine, zines are self-publications, motivated by a desire for self-expression, not for profit. -https://zines.barnard.edu/definition
Learn more about mental health in the Black community here.